What is Organic feed management anyway?
There is always a right way and a wrong way of approaching a cause. In the world of ecommerce product feed management, an organic approach refers to the ‘right way’, rather, the legitimate way of approaching the process. This basically includes an array of data feed management techniques that comply with the rules specified by the respective marketplaces as well as the standards that are prevalent in ecommerce per se. The idea is to offer a healthy and fair selling environment to all sellers where each has equal opportunities with respect to visibility and profits.
Why is it important?
Organic data feed management does not allow sellers any scope to bend rules in order to gain unfair advantage over competitors. This in a way also means that sellers will have to walk the longer and tougher path to score in terms of visibility, traffic and resultant conversions. However, the fact that almost all top performing marketplaces and comparison shopping platforms are insistent on organic practices makes it imperative for sellers to respect the process and embrace it in entirety as well.
Over the past few years, there have been infinite examples of sellers that have tried black hat practices like keyword stuffing, bulking up lowest list price with exorbitant delivery charges, including fake reviews so on and so forth. The consequences of the same though have never been encouraging. Some of the most common consequences of practicing inorganic listing methods are…
- Instant loss of visibility and search ranking especially in marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, Walmart.com etc
Warning from the marketplace
Eventual suspension for continual disrespect
How to approach organic data feed management?
Approaching organic product feed management can be easy if sellers make an enlightened approach towards the same. Taking the example of Amazon sellers, here is a list of steps that can help achieve productive outcomes easily and effectively…
- Approach legitimate yet future forward optimization methods for titles, descriptions as well as images
- Tools and software solutions offered by authentic ecommerce solution developers can contribute profitably towards the purpose
- Understanding the difference between profit maximization and outright greed can go a very long way in pricing management.
- Using pricing and re-pricing tools for competitive price management can work wonders in the short and long run.
Seeking guidance from professionals can be the key to unlocking best and the most productive organic feed management approaches.