Why is drop shipping a good idea?
Imagine running your own e commerce endeavor where all you need to do is list your products and make them appealing to the buyers while the process of packing shipping and order completion is handled completely and all-inclusively by the wholesaler from whom you avail your stock in the first place! This is drop-shipping in a nutshell. Remarkable as this sounds; this mode of order fulfillment has actually saves significant amount of time, money, efforts and most important risk factor in the part of e commerce ventures.
The flipside of drop shopping
While a significant number of reviews left by sellers at large have spoken very highly of drop shipping, not many can deny that there is a darker side to the deal as well. Losing control over inventory, not being able to track shipping and order completion details etc can be mentioned as a few. To many sellers, the process can often turn more expensive than expected especially when international shipping is included in the deal. When selling strategies are planned poorly, success can be a far cry in this means of completing orders.
If you want to succeed though here’s a mini eBay drop shipping guide that you can refer to…
- Firstly, you need to decide if you need domestic or international drop shippers depending upon the nature and volume of business you are running and that too with special consideration of the platform in which you are selling.
- Secondly, you need to determine their reputation levels and see what others are saying about the same. Going through reviews or consulting someone who may have directly used the services can be helpful.
- Thirdly, you need to see if they sell all products that you have listed or only some of them. This will prevent you from accessing two or more drop shippers to cater to all the products you sell.
- Fourthly, and very importantly, you need to establish comprehensive integration to keep track or orders and delivery. Your eBay SEO efforts will fail to bring results without proper inventory and order completion integration with drop shippers mainly because of eBay becoming very cautious about its delivery time reviews.
- Fifth, you have to at all times, keep track of stock levels of the concerned products with the wholesale suppliers / drop shippers. Running out of stock and not being informed about it can lead to over and under selling which is considered offensive in eBay and other top platforms as such.