The e-commerce world is marked by cut-throat competition. So, in order to survive and succeed you need to work hard and think smart. Reaching out to a large number of shoppers will play a very crucial role in the success of your business.
Traditionally, online merchants have been heavily depended on Google for the major part of their website traffic. This strategy worked perfectly a couple of years back; but not anymore. Now multi-channel marketing is the key to increasing the visibility of your products among customers. The absence of your business in a particular channel can result in considerable loss of revenue.
Several Options To Try Out
If you want to try out other channels, there are several options to choose from. Some of them are expensive while others are free or affordably priced. Here is a list of a couple of avenues that you can consider.
- Comparison shopping websites: TheFind, Shopping.com, Shopzilla, Nextag, Google Shopping, Bing Shopping and PriceGrabber are some of the popular comparison shopping portals. Most of these websites will direct shoppers back to your e-store.
- Amazon product ads: It is a pay-per-click advertisement that is displayed at the bottom of Amazon pages for relevant categories and products.
- Pinterest: In this popular website you can put up the picture of your products. These can then be shared among friends in the network.
- Facebook: You can start by creating a Facebook page of your company. This will definitely help to spread awareness about your company and its products. You can also place advertisements here.
- Tumblr: You can promote your brand and its products via this blogging platform.
- Affiliate networks: You can reach out to a target audience with the help of these large ad networks.
- Search advertising text ads: These are pay-per-click text advertisements that appear on the search engines Google and Bing.
- Google Product Listing ads: This is a pay-per-click offering that shows up ads containing rich product information like photo, price and name for relevant search queries.
Selling Across Multiple Channels
If you want to catch the attention of a large number of customers then you can sell your products at multiple online marketplaces. Amazon Marketplace, eBay, Sears, Rakuten, New Egg are some of the most popular options that you can consider in this regard.
The Amazon Advantage
Amazon charges a fee of around 15 percent to sell products there; but a large number of online merchants are willing to pay this amount because of the advantages that it offers. Currently, a large number of shoppers begin their product searches on Amazon. The reason behind its popularity among shoppers is the superior shopping experience that it offers. So, you need to pay proper attention to this platform.